Monday, May 17, 2010

to reverse or not to reverse.

A clutch, that is.

What is the consensus? totally tacky? or brilliant? Is it one of those things that you would buy but then hide from your friends? or would you flaunt it (whatever that 'it' may be, in your case) with pride?

I've been toying with the idea of creating a reversible clutch. Then, I get awful images in my head: fluorescent windbreakers (pink on one side, green on the other), terribly bulky sweatshirts, hideous UMBRO shorts (always white on one side). These images are of my childhood, which took place in the 80s and 90s, and they are NOT pretty. Insert the big hair and puffy painted socks and I want to hide my head in shame for decades of horrendous dress.

So, can it work (in a non-tacky sort of way)? I'm not quite sure, but I think I will take a gander. Check out these reversible rugs at Apartment Therapy - Reversible Rugs: Double Your Decor Options. Pretty cool, eh (I think so too)? They definitely work, right? I like them so much that I may even have to pick one up.

So, take a leap of faith with me, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment