Wednesday, March 23, 2011

[HOH Events] My Sister's Baby Shower

I am helping to plan my sister's baby shower [with my mother]. It's this weekend. It should shape up to be a pretty spectacular event. 

We've already set the tables. Well, almost. And, we did it this past Sunday. Now, that's planning in advance [not usually one of my strong points]. You know, when you make a task list ahead of time, it really pays off. We had the menu, the decorations [although it took us a little while to agree on this], and the dessert all planned with a few weeks to spare. 

So, what needs to be done for a baby shower [or a bridal shower, for that matter]? Real Simple, one of our FAVORITE magazines, offers a concise list of items to ensure a 'cloud-free shower'; take a look here. They offer advice like, setting a budget, planning the menu six weeks out, looking for extra hands to help, ordering the cake one month out, putting together a thank-you note package for the mom-to-be...and a whole lot more.


Which of these did we follow? Well, we planned the menu ahead of time. We planned who would be hosting: my lovely mother and myself. The week before, we are putting together the 'goody bags' [I'm doing this tonight!]. And so on and so on. 

So what are WE planning? 

Although sent a little late, the invite was pretty cool...



The menu is fun. We're keeping it simple with gourmet pizzas, salads and some sweets, of course. My baking skills will be tried. 

The decor. I'm working on some tissue paper pom poms in pastel colors and we'll be displaying the pizza on Victoria's lovely cake stands. 

I am so excited to see how it all comes together. And I will keep you all posted with some pics. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Incredible invitations... great work! *blush* -Bri

    ReplyDelete