Wednesday, March 30, 2011

[HOH Mishap]: Dog-gone Pom Poms

I did a little shopping yesterday. You see, my [expert] advice was needed. My mother-in-law needed new curtains. So, I agreed to help her. And in return, I got a few things [woohooo]. And in return, MAYBEL GOT A FEW POM POMS. Yep. That's right.

You see, my dear husband and I have a nightly ritual [oh god, are we really that old and settled?]. After we've eaten dinner and hung out together for a bit, Maybel and I retreat to our little couch so he can HOG the big one [it's really so that I can just fall asleep without disturbing him].

There's just one problem in this ritual of comfort: we only have one throw blanket.

So I, being the darling that I am, decided to use my purchase on something that we will both EQUALLY enjoy. Another blanket [how thoughtful of me, right?]!!

I bought this, from Pier 1 Imports:


It's so soft and I love the pom poms. Well, I loved them. And Maybel loved them too. And they've, since, been removed. It's a sad, sad day.

But, you see, there is a moral of the story. Modify, modify, modify. My husband told me to return it [of course he said this after she had slobbered all over the entire thing], but I was determined to, AT THE VERY LEAST, still have a furry, warm, comfy blanket. So, with a few snips, the blanket is ALL MINE [no longer Maybel's].

No comments:

Post a Comment