Monday, March 7, 2011

HOH [Recipe Box]: The King of Secret Ingredients


Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup is probably one of those things you walk by in the grocery store. I mean, nobody I know actually eats Golden Mushroom soup for lunch, so I guess it's sort of understandable. Indeed I really have only my mother to thank for exposing me to such a fabulous, multi-use ingredient - without which my kitchen success tally would be far, far lower.

At a slight $1.50 per can, Golden Mushroom Soup is perfect to add depth of flavor, rich texture, and that little extra something that keeps your friends coming back for more.

This understated ingredient has found its way into many of my favorite 'slow-food' dishes, and I just had to share its magic with all of you.

Perfect Addition To:
  • Pot Roast
  • Beef Bourgignone (or your favorite beef stew)
  • Meatloaf
  • Short Ribs
  • Served as a sauce over seared Pork Chops or Chicken Thighs
  • Chicken Soup
  • Coq au Vin (or any braised chicken dish)
  • French Onion Soup
With many of the above dishes, you'd want to add the Golden Mushroom towards the end of your assembly process -you know, just before you add the meat back into the pot to cook for a few hours. Doubtful? Don't be! Just take the leap and give it a whirl when attempting your next super-savory dish - promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment