Thursday, March 3, 2011

reclaimed counter love.

We moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago. I live with a husband who has not one handy bone in his body [I still love you, though, darling!]. And I have a sub-sub-par [very VERY sub-par] kitchen. It's a disgrace.

And you know what one of the biggest problems is? We don't have the money to renovate.

Our options: get creative and well, get creative.

We want new counter tops.

So, I've played with the Ikea route. It's still an option. But even that is $500 - $1000 for hardwood.  I've contemplated do-it-yourself concrete. But, if you know me then you know that would be a GIGANTIC DISASTER.

My latest fix is reclaimed barn board. I really think it would be amazing. fabulously amazing. I can't get this image out of my head [but I don't really want to, either].






I'm. in. LOVE. The floors aren't too shabby either, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment