Tuesday, April 26, 2011

[HOH Recipe Box]: Turkey Burgers


It is SO NICE OUT TODAY in good ol' CT. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the breeze is blowing softly - the perfect combination for some evening grilling. Since I pretty much think about food from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, thoughts of 'what to make for dinner' are never too far from me.

[Tonight's Menu]: Turkey Burgers + Salad

Here's what I'm thinking:

For Burgers:
  • 1 Package [just over a pound] of Ground Turkey
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
  • 1/2 a finely chopped Red Pepper
  • 1 Egg
  • Breadcrumbs as needed [?]
  • 1/4 cup Mayo - [keeps it moist] - I'm thinking I'll spice the mayo up with some good stuff - garlic powder, coriander, paprika, maybe a touch of lemon juice... oh the possibilities.
With the Burgers:
  • Sliced Avocado
  • Sliced Beefsteak Tomato [hope the grocery store gods are with me today and there are some ripe 'maters available]
  • a couple of strips of crispy Bacon
  • Sharp Cheddar
  • Poppyseed Rolls [from the bakery counter]
Salad
  • Baby Spinach
  • toasted, sliced Almonds
  • Blackberries
  • maybe a little Goat Cheese for Tim
  • Red Wine Vinaigrette [minced garlic, a bit of honey mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt+pepper]

My mouth is watering already...
What are you grilling tonight?

1 comment:

  1. Sitting here in the library starving...great stuff. So glad grilling season is here again!

    ReplyDelete