It is SO NICE OUT TODAY in good ol' CT. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the breeze is blowing softly - the perfect combination for some evening grilling. Since I pretty much think about food from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, thoughts of 'what to make for dinner' are never too far from me.
[Tonight's Menu]: Turkey Burgers + Salad
Here's what I'm thinking:
- 1 Package [just over a pound] of Ground Turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 a finely chopped Red Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Breadcrumbs as needed [?]
- 1/4 cup Mayo - [keeps it moist] - I'm thinking I'll spice the mayo up with some good stuff - garlic powder, coriander, paprika, maybe a touch of lemon juice... oh the possibilities.
With the Burgers:
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Beefsteak Tomato [hope the grocery store gods are with me today and there are some ripe 'maters available]
- a couple of strips of crispy Bacon
- Sharp Cheddar
- Poppyseed Rolls [from the bakery counter]
- Baby Spinach
- toasted, sliced Almonds
- maybe a little Goat Cheese for Tim
- Red Wine Vinaigrette [minced garlic, a bit of honey mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt+pepper]
My mouth is watering already...
What are you grilling tonight?