Made this little beauty last night, sort of last minute and again without much of a plan or idea of how it would turn out. Result was a delicious, seasonal, super-easy side dish that I think will go with just about anything.
Sauteed Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Minced Garlic (I used 3 big cloves, if you like more or less garlic then just adjust to your taste)
1 Zucchini, sliced on 1/4 inch bias
1 pt. Cherry/Grape Tomatoes
1. Heat oil in large skillet - medium heat. Add your minced garlic
2. Once the garlic starts to brown, add your zucchini in one flat layer so that it can brown up on one side. Let sit for a minute or two, be sure to watch the garlic because it can go from golden goodness to burnt yucky mess in a nanosecond.
3. Turn your zucchini over to the other side, let sit for another few minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, roll around in the saute pan to coat with olive oil.
5. Salt and Pepper (maybe a little crushed red pepper?)
6. Return to heat, stirring occasionally but trying not to burst open the tomatoes.
7. [Optional]: I put the whole pan into the oven to finish it, because I like my tomatoes a bit roasty [350, for about 10 minutes]. If this is not your thing, just keep it on the stovetop until the tomatoes have reached your desired texture.