Tuesday, May 10, 2011

[HOH Recipe]: Lentil Intrigue. Recipe Roundup.

I'm [VERY] intrigued by lentils. What do I mean, you ask? Well I'm ALWAYS drawn to photos of lentils; I'm always drawn to recipes for lentils. But, I don't quite know what to do with them. I've read through some recipes over the years, but being a recipe deviant, I've never quite caught on to the process. I want to want to make them, but I'm scared, I guess.

I'm determined, ladies and gents, to make some lentils tonight. Perfect lentils.

So I've done some [much needed] research. I've found a few recipes. And here's what I have for you.

A few pointers...

Salt only AFTER cooking the the lentils; if added during cooking, lentils may become tough.

Use a 2 to 1 ratio of water to lentils.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to simmer.

---------

Okay, so that's enough pointers, now some recipes [and photos]. These were the first that caught my eye and that's generally how I base most recipes [silly, perhaps?].

The first is [what is looking like] my favorite.

Lentils with Broiled Eggplant from The Kitchn.

























Runner up, from 101 Cookbooks, Lentil Almond Stri-Fry.


















And finally, from one of my ALL-TIME faves [Cannelle et Vanille]: Ivory Lentil Salad. This photo was just too gorgeous, I couldn't resist.


























How do YOU prefer your lentils? Any cooking tips you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment